Here's a list of things I'm thankful for this past year. God helped us meet some goals, grow, learn, serve, and love each other.
10. We learned how to garden. We successfully grew: strawberries, raspberries, rhubarb, spinach, romaine, carrots, onions, broccoli, pumpkins, watermelon, tomatoes, peppers, squash, zucchini, and cherries. It was a great summer in that way. We learned that you shouldn't plant all of the romaine at one time, or you'll end up with 9 heads of romaine ready all at once. We also saw what would happen to broccoli if you let it get to ripe - beautiful yellow flowers! I have a feeling this next year we will not be so ambitious with the baby coming - it is a lot of work.
9. Mark finished his comprehensive exams, and began writing his dissertation, the final phase in his schooling journey. He now holds the status of ABD (all but dissertation).
8. Hope and Anna's first trip to Disneyland in February. It was magical! I'll never forget my little girl in her blue Cinderella dress prancing around the park. It was also the first time Mark and I had been to Dland since moving away.
7. Going to California for 2 weeks in February. It was such a great trip and winter respite. It WAS hard to come back to the frigid cold, though.
6. Lots and lots of company. We had 7 sets of overnight guests. We stay-cationed all summer, saw lots of family, and explored Chicago.
5. I ran my first 5K! Not that much in the running world, but a goal that was met, nevertheless.
4. Anna beginning to talk a lot and play with her sister. Their little relationship has really blossomed the last few months and we love it! They like to hold hands when they walk, play babies, and giggle.
3. Mark getting to see the Giants win the World Series in Texas. It was a random chain of events that allowed for him to go. We still can't believe he was there.
2. A very special Christmas with 2 little girls who were very in to it, and loved having their Nannie and Papa here.
1. Finding out in September that we'll be having a new little one join us in May. The wonder of it all never gets old!