Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Favorite Album

I'm pretty sure that my favorite album of all time is Caedmon's Call - 40 Acres.


It's one I could listen to over and over again (and drive my husband nuts!). I like the music, and have been able to identify with many of the lyrics over the years.

Their song about moving has been an encouragement on the drives to new homes: Faith My Eyes.
"So keep on comin', these lines on the road, keep me responsible, be it a light or heavy load, keep me guessing, these blessings in disguise, I'll walk with grace my feet and faith my eyes."

When I was single, I really appreciated the encouragement from: Table for Two.
"But ya know I know better, I'm not gonna worry 'bout nothin'. Cause if the birds and the flowers survive, Then I'll make it okay. I'm given a chance and a rock; see which one breaks a window. See which one keeps me up all night and into the day. Because I'm so scared of being alone That I forget what house i live in. But it's not my job to wait by the phone For her to call."

In Louisville, a friend explained the song: Somewhere North to us. It's already a beautiful song, but when I found out it was a love song, and the story behind it, I loved it even more.
"I give you my life and all I am But what I have to give So I hand you a candid photograph of this little boy 'Cause I have nothing to my name But I can give you that."

And the song: Shifting Sand, is a great reminder of how weak my faith in the Lord can be, and how powerful His grace is.
"Sometimes I believe all the lies So I can do the things I should despise And every day I am swayed By whatever is on my mind My faith is like shifting sand Changed by every wave My faith is like shifting sand So I stand on grace."

I'm thankful for and encouraged by the Truth of God's sovereignty that is proclaimed in the song: Thankful.
"Cause no, there is none righteous Not one who understands There is none who seek God No not one, I said no not one. So I am thankful that I'm incapable Of doing any good on my own."

But really, you should just buy the mp3's and listen to it for yourself. Because these little snippets won't do it justice.



What's your favorite?

7 comments:

sherry said...

I remember your tendencies to listen to the SAME song over and over. Now that I don't live with you, I think it's cute :)

How about this one? "Shorty you're my angel, you're my darlin' angel...closer than my peeps you are to me...baby." Oh, that's not on 40 acres? My bad. I get your favorite albums mixed up ;)

Stephanie said...

Wow, Sherry! Thanks for bringing that song back to mind. I can still hear it perfectly clear - probably because I played it a bizillion times. Sorry about that! :) Oh, the Napster days. Ha.

Amy M. said...

Just ask ppor Jessica which one is my favorite from that album! I subjected (tortured?) her with it for several years!

ninest123 said...

wedding dresses, louis vuitton, links of london, bottes ugg, marc jacobs, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, louis vuitton, canada goose uk, doudoune canada goose, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, pandora charms, thomas sabo, swarovski crystal, moncler, pandora jewelry, pandora charms, canada goose, moncler, moncler, canada goose, moncler outlet, canada goose, hollister, swarovski, moncler, ugg boots uk, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler, sac louis vuitton pas cher, replica watches, pandora jewelry, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, moncler, coach outlet, moncler

ninest123 said...

abercrombie and fitch, hollister, birkin bag, nfl jerseys, ray ban, nike roshe, montre pas cher, instyler, ghd, converse outlet, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, jimmy choo shoes, ferragamo shoes, juicy couture outlet, juicy couture outlet, nike air max, ralph lauren, wedding dresses, reebok shoes, insanity workout, vans shoes, lancel, soccer shoes, converse, p90x workout, babyliss, asics running shoes, bottega veneta, supra shoes, herve leger, baseball bats, hollister, nike air max, karen millen, north face outlet, toms shoes, soccer jerseys, chi flat iron, beats by dre, oakley, valentino shoes, gucci, new balance, mont blanc, mcm handbags, vans, louboutin, celine handbags, timberland boots

ninest123 said...

burberry, burberry outlet online, north face, oakley pas cher, timberland, michael kors, mulberry, nike trainers, true religion outlet, nike air max, ray ban uk, sac guess, nike air max, vans pas cher, hollister pas cher, new balance pas cher, ray ban pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, true religion jeans, michael kors, michael kors outlet, longchamp, michael kors outlet, hollister, hermes, michael kors outlet, michael kors, nike huarache, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, nike air max, michael kors outlet, air force, hogan, ugg boots, coach purses, converse pas cher, nike free run uk, lacoste pas cher, tn pas cher, ralph lauren uk, nike blazer, ugg boots, hollister, michael kors outlet, lululemon, nike roshe, north face, vanessa bruno, michael kors

ninest123 said...

ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, uggs on sale, coach outlet, kate spade outlet, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike outlet, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton, replica handbags, ugg boots, jordan shoes, nike air max, louboutin shoes, nike roshe run, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, nike free, nike air max, gucci outlet, longchamp pas cher, tiffany and co, cheap oakley sunglasses, burberry, longchamp, louboutin pas cher, air max, ugg boots, tiffany jewelry, coach outlet, replica watches, sac longchamp, prada outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin, chanel handbags, air jordan pas cher, michael kors, kate spade handbags, replica watches, nike free, ralph lauren pas cher, tory burch outlet, louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet