Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What's Been Goin on Lately

I don't have much time to type lately! We are doing well and learning how to have 2 kids. It is more work than one, for sure. It feels full, and there are no dull moments. Some days I get absolutely nothing done except for taking care of Hope and Anna. But I'm learning to be okay with that. Anna continues to be a sweet little baby. Sometimes she doesn't go back to sleep after she eats in the middle of the night, but thankfully those times are less than the times she does go back to sleep. She stares intensely at our faces and I'm looking forward to seeing her sweet smile back to me sometime in the next weeks! She turned 1 month on Sunday. Hope still loves her sister, and is learning to adjust to our new way of living. Poor thing came down with a cold today though. Her stuffy head is a sad thing to witness.

We've had snow on the ground for the last few weeks. It has been snowing for most of today, which means we stayed home from a Christmas party tonight. The snow really is pretty. I would like it a lot if I knew it would only be here for 2 more months rather than 5! We're looking forward to having Mark's parents here on Saturday for Christmas. Fun times!
Here are a few more pictures. Apparently I really like the sister shots.
Matching Christmas dresses from Grammy and Pappy.
I love them.

Bundled up to go outside in the oh so very cold.

We hosted a little shower here last night for a friend. It was fun and all I had to do was get the apt ready and make this fancy snowman. (Idea from Chef Pam at Southern).

Little Anna in a sweet Christmasy outfit from Aunt Julie! Isn't she getting long?

8 comments:

sherry said...

Hope makes the cutest faces lately. I just want to pick her up and squeeze her in the snow baby picture. The Christmas dresses are adorable.

Jason P. Franklin said...

They're both very very cute. Have a very merry and blessed Christmas. Say hi to Aunt Linda and Uncle Steve for us.

Roxanna Grimes said...

How precious those pictures are! They say so much about peace and joy in your family! Enjoy! They grow up fast...even though the early days don't feel like it.

Anonymous said...

I have the most gorgeous grandaughters ever! I'm glad the outfits fit.
Love,
Grammy

Cammie said...

The pictures are all adorable! The girls are so cute! I love the holiday dresses!

Tasha said...

Hope was camera shy this summer. I'm glad that she loves to smile for the camera now:) I love the matching outfits!!! Awe!

Ryan and Lori said...

Great job on the snowman Steph! I love the sister shots by the way.

Anonymous said...

I Love the pictures! They are so adorable in their outfits! You are both doing such a good job keeping up with recording these events. I really enjoy your blog. Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas!
Love,
Aunt Julie