Sunday, November 09, 2008

For the Last 2 Years and 3 Months...


its been just me and Hope. I've learned some basics of motherhood and she's learned pretty much everything. Baby Anna is scheduled to be here in a few short days which will bring about a change in our little lives - a very good change. I can't help but be sentimental though about this special time I've had with just Hope. I'm pretty sure God gave us in her one of the sweetest creatures he has ever made.

A couple of weeks ago Hope and I went on a special breakfast date to Panera. She sat across from me in our booth, with no booster seat, and ate a bagel and chocolate milk. She said hi with a smile to everyone who passed by. We then went to the "Baby Store" (Babies R Us) and did some looking for baby sister Anna. It was a special little date.

She turned 2 in August and it seems like the change since then has been exponential. She's gone from diapers to panties, a crib to a toddler bed, from somewhat shy to outgoing, from short statements to sentences, from little imagination to a big imagination, and from short curls to longer curls. Right now she's "reading" There's a Wocket in my Pocket on the couch. She loves spending time with people and would enjoy it if we spent every moment playing babies with her or zoo with her. Lately she enjoys walking around babbling from her little Gideons Bible. She talks about Baby Jesus (and Baby Jude, but we try to tell her there's no baby Jude in the Bible). We love her so much.

She's excited for Anna's arrival and can tell its coming up. She points at my belly and says "Baby Anna so cute!" She loves to imitate our friends with babies. I'm sure she will sit and nurse her dolls as I nurse Anna. She's going to be a great big sister. The love in our house will soon grow leaps and bounds. We are happy and ready.

Thanks for letting me be a little sentimental.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

It is a very interesting thing... going from 1 to 2.... 3 and 4 doesn't make much more difference. But in 4 or 5 years they will be best friends!

Kevin and Keri Sheckler said...

This is a precious time. Hopey is going to be a great big sister and the Rogers family will be filled with more love.

sherry said...

I'm glad that you're appreciating this "just Hope" time. Just watching Hopey play with her baby doll tells me she's going to be an incredible big sister to Anna. Thank you for raising your little girl to be so loving and nurturing. I can't wait to see them together.

The first picture is so "fall." You should frame it and put it away with your fall decorations, so you can take it out each year and remember "two." :)

Jaimie said...

What a precious post! I actually cried Stephanie...however these days that is not uncommon :) It's true...I think a mother and daughter share a special bond that's hard to describe. I know Hope will be a sweet sister and you will make a wonderful mother again! Praying for you and looking forward to meeting Anna...thru pictures and stories at least!

jz

Tasha said...

Oh, I just love this post! The pictures are fabulous! Thanks for bearing your heart with your readers! I'm praying for you and your upcoming delivery!

Ashley & Chuck said...

What a precious post! Hope is going be a great big sister!

Cope Family said...

What a great post! Thanks for sharing your heart and although I have some time to get just as sentimental (2 1/2 months)it made me feel so blessed to have Carson and the joy he has brought to our lives. Despite our struggles the past year, Carson was always there hugging and smiling. Hope will be a great big sister and I am so excited for both you and Mark. Be sure to give me some pointers on raising 2. :-)