We've had success. A breakthrough of sorts. We've had no accidents since she got up from her nap yesterday! If you would have told me we'd be at this point yesterday morning, I would have not believed you. Yesterday morning was bad, but something clicked in the afternoon, and we seem to be on the right track. She's even told me a couple of times that she needed to go!
Here are some observations I have about potty training:
1. Potty training is hard work.
2. PT is sanctifying. My patience and perseverence has been tested.
3. PT is hard work.
4. I don't like "motivating" Hopey to do things with candy. It's uncomfortable.
5. PT is hard work.
6. I found that it worked better when I stopped all distractions while she was "trying" on the potty chair. At first she had books, toys, movies, ect, but it ended up working out better for her when those things weren't an option and she had to focus on the task at hand.
6. PT is hard work.
7. If I had a dime for every time I've said "pee pee" or "potty chair" in the last 3 days I'd be a rich woman.
8. Most of all I've learned. I think a lot of it was me learning how to teach someone how to use the potty. I've never done it before. So, she's been experimented on.
So, we'll see when we're ready to venture out in the car. We took a walk last night, but I'm not quite ready to brave a car outing. My friend Julie takes her potty chair everywhere with her and has her daughter go on it when they get out of the car and come back to get in the car. At first it sounded funny, but now I can see how I might be doing it myself :)