Friday, July 18, 2008

What I'd Like For You To Know: The Mother Of a Stillborn Child

Molly Piper condenses her blog series on grieving the loss of her stillborn daughter, Felicity, over at Rocks in My Dryer. You can find it here: What I'd Like For You To Know: The Mother Of a Stillborn Child. I, of course, appreciate her insight and openness. I especially resonated with her thoughts on "I Want to Talk About Her" (Him), "Please Ask Specific Questions," and "Please Persevere."

After reading and thinking about this, I was reminded of how grateful I am for our family and friends who took care of us during the intensity of that 1st year of grieving. I know that we were not very comfortable to be around, not very fun, and we didn't have much in our reserves to give back to you. So, thank you for loving us with your words and deeds. You have no idea how they carried us through such a dark time. Even the small things meant the world to us: it let us know that we were not alone with this great burden and heart-break, that you too shared in missing Baby Paul, and that we would somehow get through. Thank you.

3 comments:

sherry said...

Thanks for talking about this. I, of course, think of you as I read Molly's words. I've been following her journey as she blogs it, and I admire her willingness to be transparent in front of so many people.

Thanks for being patient with us, as we try our best to be the kind of friends you need. I love you guys (and Baby Paul).

Thanks for holding me up, too. You gave/give back way more than you know.

Shaun, Erica, & Isaac said...

Hi Stephanie,

I found your blog through other CBU friends and have enjoyed seeing pictures of your beautiful little angel! Congrats on your 2nd baby girl too!

We haven't talked in a while but b/c we went to a "gossip" school I feel like I know your whole life (We're good friends with the Copes). I heard about your loss when it happened and haven't stopped thinking about you since. When it was Baby Paul's birthday I read what Mark wrote on your blog to my mom. We were both totally speechless and in awe of the strength that God has given you. I just wanted you to know that your faithfulness and obedience is an encouragment to people you would never expect!

Thank you!

Tasha said...

A gal in my Bible study had a loved one who recently lost one of her twins during pregnancy. Thanks for posting this. I'll be sharing the link with her soon.