Saturday, March 15, 2008

Eating Well


I've never been a very good "healthy" eater. I like to eat a variety of things, and tasty things, but veggies and fruit are not my go to items. Chips and dip and a coke is my favorite snack. Don't worry - I'm getting better - its just a slow process. Honestly, sometimes I am pretty confused about what IS healthy eating. There is a lot of information out there, and many different theories about what our diets should consist of. What about organic? What about those 3-5 servings of vegetables DAILY? So, I'd like to know what you all think about healthy eating. How do you do it? Want to share any vegetable recipes? Do you healthy eaters like to eat healthy, or do you have to discipline yourselves?

4 comments:

RobinDayle said...

I used to eat horribly (you know that).
Now I like eating healthy.
Yes, it was discipline at first....who chooses apples and bananas over french fries?
But now I realize I feel better the rest of the day (especially if I workout) if I eat healthy versus not.

Eh...it's still a struggle though. Boo.

Tony & Jaimie said...

I do enjoy eating healthy. I feel better at the end of the day too. One trick that helps me is to wash and cut up all my veggies and put them in tubberwear on Monday. So for lunch or a snack during the week, i grab a couple tubs and (light) ranch dip and crunch away. same for fruit. But i must admit, i do enjoy the junk food on the weekends and it's more a speacial treat. My weekness is def. dessert!

Melissa said...

Well,
I think fruits and vegetables are paramount to a healthy diet. Fortunately, there are a lot of creative and tasty ways to incorporate veggies in the diet without compromising the deliciousness of dinner. Try all recipes- southwestern salad. yum.

I try to just get some type of fruit or veggie in wherever I can. I make soups that have lots of veggies, have salads, eat fruit with every meal (oranges are in season and are delicious!) etc. I guess it's a lot of shopping right, and being creative.
It's good that you are thinking about this Stephanie. I think that more people should. Oh, Adam and Eve had it so easy! Not preservatives to battle, no dangerous pesticides on their vegetables, no choosing between generic and brand name, etc. So easy!

Câmera Digital said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.