Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Stomach Flu Is No Fun

I guess this is part of being a parent. I do not remember the last time I had the stomach flu. Its been many years. I had forgotten how yucky and contagious it was. It is especially yucky for a 1 year old. I've decided that Hope cannot play with any other children ever again because they might give her (and then us) the stomach flu. Just kind of kidding of course :) Hope got it Sunday, I got Monday, and Mark got it Wednesday. We are still all not quite right. These would be good times to live near grandparents. Anyway, we are through the worst part of it, and will hopefully be able to return to mostly normal activity this week. Here's a picture of Hope today at lunch. Her appetite is not her normal 'eat everything in sight,' but she is eating. She's so funny and cute. She really has a good sense of humor already, and she's a VERY sweet sick baby - she's been cuddling with us and kissing us a lot. Probably how we got sick.


6 comments:

Rachel Marshman said...

Stephanie, she is so absolutely beautiful!! I am sorry you haven't felt well. Hang in there, if you want I could leave you food on your door step hahah... That way we don't breath the same air haha.. hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Steph,
Words cannot express how much all 4 grandparents wished you were nearby, too! Sad to say, this may be the first, but it won't be the last. We love you three,
Mom

Kelli said...

I'm so sorry y'all all got sick! We will be praying for you. Please let us know if you need anything!

Ms. McGowan said...

Yucky. I hope, by now, everyone's feeling much better!

She's totally making a Stephanie face in that picture :) I love you guys!

Kyle said...

That is such a cute bow! Glad to hear that ya'll are feeling better. I hope that you beat it completely soon.

kkbaher said...

The flu is one of those things that "inducts" you into parenthood! Isn't it just great?!?! How awful that all 3 of you got it. It's no fun for adults OR kids to be sick! Glad to hear the worst is behind you, though. Kari Baher