Thursday, January 18, 2007

My Job

My dear friend Suzanne asked me a few days ago at lunch how I liked being a stay at home mom and if I ever got lonely. I reflected on her question more when I got home. I thought about why I do like being a stay at home mom, and this is what I came up with.

I love Hope. Not only do I love Hope, but I like her. I really can't get enough of her. I miss her about an hour after I put her to bed at night. She's my best girlfriend and hopefully it will stay that way (even through the teenage years). I want to take care of her the best I can. I truly desire nothing but the best for her life. But the best for her life takes thought and time. Therefore, I study Hope, and I study things about her. Right now I am studying up on how to make baby food. It is my new hobby. How and when do I feed it to her? Green or orange veggies first? 2 or 3 times a day? And many other questions. I want her awake time to be full of opportunities to grow and learn. I like being there to see what color her poopy diapers are, how long of a nap she takes, and to see if she'll finally roll over. All of this probably seems very mundane, I know. But I enjoy her so much that I love her mundane. So, when you ask me how life is going for me, and I give you a run down on what Hope has been up to, this is why. I love being a stay at home mom, because I love Hope. I love my job.

Here she is sitting up like a big girl.

3 comments:

sherry said...

Aww...you need your own blog, Steph. FYI, not that I'm encouraging you to compare, but Chandler isn't rolling, either:)

This was a precious post. I hope you show it to Hope some day.

Love you!!

kguess said...

Mark and Stephanie, we always look forward to seeing pictures and hearing stories about your precious Hope. This picture is too cute!

Kyle and Tasha

hannah's mom said...

stephanie,
i am a stay-at-home mom also. i love my job,too. it's great to know of other moms who cherish and actually desire the time they have to be with their little ones. keep it up! (she's adorable)

in Him,
ashley.

ps. i found your blog through the mahaffies...we went to church together brfore the moved to louisville...