Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thankful

This is my first post in months I believe. I am still up at 1:30am, and am done working on my paper for the night. For some reason I am not going immediately to bed. I just wanted to say there are a few things I am thankful for this year:

Stephanie - my wife, my best friend, and the best mother I could have ever hoped to raise a family with.

Hope - We named her Hope because she was created and born at a time when we were sustained by hope in God and his promises. Hope has now brought immeasurable joy to my soul. No matter how my day has been, one smile from her and I'm happy. I love being her dad, and am enjoying every smile, cry, diaper change, hug, laugh, kiss goodnight, evening prayer, song, story, and new thing she does. I just wish I could spend more time with her. Thank you Lord.



Here is a thoughtful look from Hope, in honor of finals week.

5 comments:

sherry said...

Thanks for the tears. I'm so happy for your family.

Mark said...

You've got it. Tears are good.

RobinDayle said...

Thank you for loving my sister, Mark. And thank you even more for saying it....no one ever does anymore.
Oh...and thank you for Hope. I can't even tell you the joy she brings in my life, just opening my phone and seeing her smiling face, or even thinking of her.
I'm a blessed auntie.

Cousin Jason said...

Hey Mark,

Good words. Good thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

sherry said...

Oh man. This baby is way cuter in person. And I thought the pictures were cute!