Monday, April 10, 2006

Happy Birthday Paul - we miss you

Today was the first really nice day of Spring here in Louisville. The flowers are about to bloom just like they were last year at this time. The weather can't help but bring a smile to your face. We love Spring time. Baseball, flowers, long days, warm weather - so much joy and hope in a season. Until last year I had never had a bad Spring. Last year was the worst of my life. This year is different. We are excited about Spring, and the hopes of the future. But our joy is muted by memories of how much more joy there could be today. I am glad Paul was born right as everything bloomed. His life was like a Spring flower. Beautiful, powerful, short. Every Spring for the rest of our lives will remind us of our first son, Paul Hudson. Every time the flowers bloom, every year when baseball starts, every year when we take long family walks in the cool late evening --- we will remember Paul and celebrate his life.

Happy first birthday son - we love you and we miss you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Mark and Steph....and I really love and miss Paul.
I watched Elizabethtown again tonight with mom...I can't wait to be back in Louisville with my favorite people in the world.
<3,Your lil sister, Robin

sherry said...

I was thinking about you guys all day yesterday. It's hard to believe that it's been a year since Paul came into our lives in such a profound way. I told Steph that your little guy taught me so much about empathy and friendship. I love him for that.

Each time I see or hold a newborn baby, I rejoice over his cries. Who knew that a baby's cry could be so beautiful?? I can't wait to meet our new little Hope. I'm sure that her cry will be remarkable!

Mark said...

Robin,
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sherry,
Thanks for thinking of us yesterday, and for your email. It means a lot to us that so many people remembered Paul and contacted us on his birthday. It reminded us what an impact he has had. You have been a good friend to us this past year.

Yep, it is amazing how beautiful a cry can be. Paul has taught us just how special each moment is.

RobinDayle said...

So...I got a blog.
And the madness begins...
I love you guys...hug steph for me please! Happy Easter!

Rene said...

Well said.

We miss you Paul. See you on the other side.


Rene

Nunzia said...

God bless you and your family...