Monday, August 22, 2005

The Fight of Faith

I just noticed it has been over a month since I last posted anything here.

I've tried a couple of times, but the truth is I don't know what to say. I am battling to learn and grow, and sometimes it is hard. I am fighting the fight of faith, struggling to have more faith than fear.

The end of Pslam 27 struck a chord with my heart last night:

"I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the LORD!"

A strengthened heart and courage do not come from improved circumstances (all of us can think of people that have it worse than us and better than us), they come from the LORD. Hoping in the Lord, not manipulating or fretting about circumstances, is where joy is found. The enemy tempts us to doubt the goodness of God in a multitude of ways. The fight of faith is about waiting on the Lord and steadfastly trusting that He is good and His plan for us is a good one. Let us trust in our good God at all times. It brings Him glory and it brings joy and courage to our frail hearts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi brother...I agree with this, although sometimes it's easier said than done. I miss you and Steph so much...Her birthday present is in the mail. Her birthday also is on the same day as my busiest day as a focus leader...freshman move-in day....tell her I love her and have a great day!
Your lil sis,
Robin Dayle

Jason said...

Hey Cous',

You hit it on the head. If we think we have to have a problem free life in order to experience peace, then we will never have peace. It's ironic that I chose to preach on peace months ago. But the past couple weeks leading up to last Sunday's message found me talking with people who were wrestling with peace.
Probably should have gotten your permission before hand, but I used your song in my message. Sorry I didn't ask. It was to illustrate that while we can't always see, we must accept what we cannot change, trust that He has a plan to prosper us, and surrender to His loving control.

Hang in there bro. Rest in God. Accept, Trust & Surrender to Him.

In all things praise God.

You are being prayed for constantly.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mark,
Its good to see that you wrote a new post. Keep on pressing through. I honestly think that you are amazing. Then I realize that we all could be if we'd let God be God and seek Him fully. All of our love, Kyle (and Tasha)